Revised: October 11, 2010
Members of the F.U.N. Mothers’ Club are required to comply with the following Code of Conduct when attending all Club events, and in particular the May Pampering Event. The Club intends to make all Club events enjoyable for all participants.
When attending a Club event, you agree that:
1) Members may only attend an event upon properly registering for membership and by signing up for the event, unless no RSVP is required for that particular event. Due to budgetary or location requirements, some events may not be available to all members. You may be asked to RSVP promptly to ensure your attendance at popular events and to follow all directions in the RSVP Announcement.
2) Members are required to engage in appropriate conduct which does not rise to the level of disrespect. Members are expected to be courteous and polite to each other. Any complaints about a Club event should be discussed in private with the host or Board member. Board members make decisions on behalf of the Club in its entirety, and your courtesy and understanding is appreciated.
3) Most Club events are for members only (General Meetings and the Preschool Faire are open to the public, and occasionally the Club hosts other events open to the public). Quarterly Parties are for immediate family only (member, significant other, and children). The May Pampering event and the October Appreciation Dinner is for members only (no significant others or children). General Meetings are adults only with the exception of nonmobile infants. Should you have questions about who may attend an event, please ask the host or a Board member.
4) With regard to the May Pampering Event, Members acknowledge that services are being provided on a volunteer basis with minimal or no compensation provided to the vendor. Members are representatives of the Club and should conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, showing gratitude, appreciation, and decorum when participating and receiving services from vendors, including providing the suggested gratuity as appropriate. The success of the May Pampering Event is due to the generous contributions of the vendors’ time, products, equipment, and supplies.
In addition, Members cannot demand a particular service offered or vendor at the May Pampering Event. There is no guarantee that a member will receive a service at all or a particular service. Services are assigned on a first-come, first served basis based upon availability and as determined by the May Pampering Event planning committee. No particular vendor will be assigned to any member. Members will receive their services by the next available vendor, no exceptions or special accommodations will be made.
5) Please remember that all of our events are coordinated by volunteers who are making their best efforts. While the Club makes every effort to provide an enjoyable experience for everyone, occasionally mistakes will be made and members may have a complaint. We ask for your understanding and to take into consideration the size of the event, the attendance, the coordination efforts of all involved, and the fact that the Club is run by an all-volunteer Board when providing constructive criticism to the Board. The Board encourages ideas to improve upon future events, and of course, we welcome all volunteers to make events that much better.
Failure to comply with this Code of Conduct can result in possible removal from the event at the discretion of the Board members and/or event host. Repeated failure to comply with this Code of Conduct will result in termination of membership.