F.U.N. MOTHERS' CLUB BYLAWS
I. NAME OF CLUB
The name of the Club is F.U.N. Mothers' Club, hereinafter referred to as the "Club". F.U.N. stands for Fremont, Union City, and Newark and is a non profit, tax exempt 501(C)7 social club as defined by the IRS.
Added New Logo
III. STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
To provide mothers and fathers who are primary care givers of children, as well as expectant mothers, with support, information, friendship and a sense of community.
IV. POLITICAL STATEMENT
The Club is not intended to be political, partisan or sectarian. However, as part of a larger community, the group may provide a forum to openly and fairly discuss current issues and concerns of parents and children.
Members are expected to volunteer their help for Club functions. Members are required to choose to volunteer 2 hours (or the equivalent as determined by the Board) during the year of paid membership, or pay an additional fee (determined by the Board) in addition to the regular membership fee. The Club is for parents and run by parents, requiring participation by all to be successful.
VI. GENERAL COURTESIES
A. Parents are responsible for the well-being, safety, and behavior of their child(ren) when attending playgroup and social functions.
B. Do not attend playgroup or other functions when you or your child(ren) is (are) ill.
C. If you are unable to attend a function you have committed to, please inform the coordinator or appropriate person.
D. Assist and encourage your child(ren) to pick up toys when playgroup is over.
E. The Club is not intended to be used as a means for soliciting any goods or services.
F. Members are not permitted to use the "F.U.N. Mothers' Club" name as an endorsement for their product or service.
A. Members of the Club must be a parent, guardian or caretaker of child(ren) or be currently expecting child(ren) to their family, upon joining. Members of both genders are welcome.
B. Membership Dues
1. Dues must be paid once a year and must be current to participate in Club events and remain on the roster.
2. Dues are to be paid to the Club Treasurer by the due date.
3. Dues are paid in advance for the year and are nonrefundable.
4. Membership occurs on a rolling basis throughout the year, and the membership term will last for one year from the date of payment of dues.
5. In the event you have a financial hardship with the dues, please speak to the Treasurer.
6. Any changes in dues shall be decided by a Majority Vote of the Board, as defined in Section XI.B. herein, with notice of proposed changes given to the general membership in the club newsletter prior to the Board meeting so the members may voice an opinion if they desire. Any future changes to the membership dues approved by the Board will be automatically updated in the bylaws with no further vote necessary.
7. Yearly dues are $50 volunteer new membership, $40 volunteered renew membership. Renewal dues are $48 for volunteer opt out membership.
C. Members must sign (or verify online) their acknowledgement and agreement to the following, all of which may be amended from time to time by the Board:
1. Bylaws Acknowledgment Form
2. Volunteer Requirement Acknowledgement
3. Liability Waiver
4. Community Guidelines
5. Code of Conduct
1. A Club member may voluntarily terminate membership by notifying the President or the Vice President.
2. The Board may request termination of a Club member if dues have not been paid on time, or if the member is in violation of prohibited conduct (see Section XIV herein).
A. Board meetings shall be held once a month and dates will be announced in the newsletter.
1. Order of Business
a) Roll Call
b) Approve Agenda
c) Check for Voting Quorum
d) Review Minutes of previous Board meeting
e) New, old/unfinished businesses of the club
f) Vote, if necessary
2. Minutes of Board meetings shall be published to the Board and kept Big Tent, to be kept by the Club Secretary.
X. FISCAL RESPONSIBILITIES
A. The fiscal year begins on November 1 and ends on October 31.
B. The budget will be completed within the first month of the fiscal year.
C. The budget may be revised at any time with a Majority Vote of the Board, as defined in Section XI.B. herein.
XI. DECISION MAKING PROCESS
A. Changes to the Bylaws other than those regarding membership dues (see Section VIII.B.7 herein) shall be made by a simple majority vote of the Club members who cast a vote.
1. Proposed changes to the Bylaws must be submitted to the Board in writing. The Board will review all proposals and determine whether or not to present them to the membership for voting.
2. Any recommended changes requiring a vote of the membership will be announced and the recommended changes will be available in the newsletter one month prior the last vote will take place.
3. Actual voting will commence with the publication of the next newsletter which will end at 9:00 p.m. the first day of the following month before the next monthly newsletter. The vote will be placed and tabulated in BigTent. Each member’s vote is counted only once.
B. All other decisions shall be made by the Board with an 80% Majority Vote of those Board members participating in the vote. In order to make a voting decision, there must be a 2/3 quorum of the Team Leaders.
C. Any topic to be discussed at the next Board meeting should be submitted to the President 2 weeks prior to the scheduled Board meeting. It shall be at the President's and Vice President's discretion to put the topic on the agenda.
D. Board meetings shall be open to all members.
All articles and advertisements shall be placed in the newsletter at the discretion of the Board.
XIII. TERMS AND CHANGES OF OFFICERS
A. All Board members shall serve a term of one year, starting the first day of the fiscal year and ending with the last day of the fiscal year, unless events for the next term require future planning and the next years’ Board members will begin planning the event in the current term. Board members are unpaid volunteers.
B. The Club shall have at least three voting Board members in addition to the President and Vice President (five total) and as many additional voting Board members and non-voting club coordinators/leaders as the President (and Vice President) deem necessary to run the Club based on the current enrollment and activities planned for that fiscal year.
C. Term limit for Board positions is two consecutive years in the same position unless adequate replacements cannot be found.
D. Only two Board positions may be held by one person at the same time.
E. Election of the President
1. The President shall be elected on Big Tent before the last day of the fiscal year.
2. Members wishing to fill the position of President must state their candidacy to the outgoing President six weeks prior to the election.
3. Candidates for President will be announced in the newsletter one month prior to election.
4. Election information will be included in the newsletter in which the candidates are announced. Election will be taken place during that month and commenced by 9:00 p.m. the first day of the next month. The following month’s newsletter will announce the winner(s).
5. Votes are to be placed and tabulated online by BigTent.
F. All other Board positions
1. All other Board positions shall be filled on a volunteer basis.
2. Persons wishing to fill a position or retain a current Board position must notify the newly elected President at least four weeks prior to the last Board meeting of the fiscal year.
3. If more than one person volunteers for the same position, the President elect will make the selection.
4. If no one volunteers, the Board may approach a member to accept the duty.
5. All positions will be announced in the newsletter for two months prior to the fiscal year changeover.
6. Any Board member who cannot complete her term of office is requested to contact the President or Vice President 30 days prior to termination (when possible).
XIV. PROHIBITED CONDUCT
A. By becoming a Member of the Club, all Members AGREE to the following terms:
1. Members may not sell, rent or trade any member's personal information.
2. Members may not use any member's personal information or Club online site features for personal gain or anything else other than for its intended purpose.
3. Members may not make unsolicited or inappropriate offers, advertisements or proposals for goods, services or other commercial or other group activities outside of the Club or send junk mail or chain letters to other Members.
4. Members may not send, post, or make available, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, racially or ethnically insulting, deceptive, tortuous, defamatory, libelous, or otherwise inappropriate or offensive content to other Members.
5. Members may not impersonate another person or access another Member's account without permission, or impersonate they are Club members, staff or Board members.
6. Members may not share Club issued passwords with any third party or encourage another Member to do so.
7. Members may not misrepresent the source, identity, or content of information transmitted via the Club, including its newsletter or online forums, (such as claiming a created work as your own that is not actually yours) or otherwise infringing any trademark, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity.
8. Members may not use or encourage others to use the Club for any illegal purpose.
9. Members may not interfere with any security-related features of the Club’s online website, intentionally interfere with the operation of the Club’s online presence or any Member's enjoyment of it, including intentionally posting inflammatory statements to get a reaction ("Trolling");
B. Potential Actions For Violation of Terms of Service or Prohibited Conduct. The Board, in its discretion, may take any or all of the following actions against any member who violates the Bylaws or who engages in Prohibited Conduct as outlined above:
1. Member may be placed on immediate temporary suspension while investigation regarding the allegations is conducted.
2. Member's membership may be immediately terminated.
3. Should a member be suspended or terminated, the Member will not be reimbursed any membership dues for the suspension or termination period.
4. Member may be banned indefinitely, or for a set period of time to be determined by the Board.
As most of the members of the Club are female, the female personal pronoun has been used throughout these bylaws. Wherever the female personal pronoun is used, the male personal pronoun is implied also. Likewise, the word "Mothers" refers to primary care givers, regardless of gender.
• June, 09: Amended for State tax-exempt status
• January, 10: Amended for Membership options update
• November, 10: Amended for clarifications, Membership, Meetings, Decision Making Process, and Prohibited Conduct
• July, 14: Updated age limit, removed General Meetings; amended Dues, Membership Term, and Election Process